Address proof of husband or wife whose area Sub District Magistrate has been approached for the certificate. Attested copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
How can I get marriage certificate in India?
Online registration for a marriage certificate
- Open the government’s official website of the home state applicant belong to.
- Browse the website and find the form for marriage registration on the site.
- Fill the personal details of both the parties of the marriage, as asked in the form.
- Submit the form once it is filled.
What documents are required for marriage registration in India?
Documents Required for Marriage Registration Online
- Proof of Address – Voter ID / Ration Card / Passport / Driving License.
- Proof of Date of Birth of both husband and wife.
- 2 passport sized photographs.
- Separate Marriage Affidavits in prescribed format from Husband & Wife.
- Marriage Invitation Card.
- Aadhaar Card.
What documents are required for marriage certificate in UP?
Require Documents for UP Marriage Certificate
- Uttar Pradesh Marriage registration Application forms.
- Affidavit in the Government prescribed format.
- Age proof of the Groom and Bride.
- Address Proof of Groom and Bride of Uttar Pradesh or other states.
- Joint photographs of couples.
What is proof of marriage in India?
A marriage certificate is essentially the legal proof of registration of a marriage. Your Special Day is Just a Click Away. In India, a marriage can either be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.
How can I prove my marriage without certificate in India?
- non registration does not affect validity of marriage.
- if marriage is not registered wedding invitation cards , wedding photographs are sufficient to prove that marriage has taken place.
- mere wedding invitation cards is not sufficent to prove the marriage.
Who issues marriage certificate in India?
For Marriage Registration under Hindu Act: You can apply at office of the Sub-Divisional Magistrate in whose jurisdiction the husband or wife resides on any working day. Fill the Application form duly signed by both husband and wife.
How much does it cost for marriage certificate in India?
How Much Does it Cost to Register a Marriage in India? The cost involved is nominal: Rs. 100/- for registering under the Hindu Marriage Act and Rs. 150/- for registering under the Special Marriage Act.
How can I register my marriage online in up?
Procedure of Marriage Registration in Uttar Pradesh
Any Uttar Pradesh people get marriage and want to marriage registration online then go to igrsup.gov.in website. open this website and click on new Registration Form. Fill groom details and click on save, next enter bridle details and marriage lace details.
Can marriage be registered anywhere in India?
The Hindu marriage act applies to all over Indian states and the Union territories, Jammu and Kashmir being an exception to it. According to the law and as per the recent strict guidelines of the Supreme Court, it is highly necessary to register the marriages.
How do I check my marital status?
Verifying your marital status
You will need your South African ID number in order to use this facility. You can also sms the letter M followed by your ID number (example: M 5001010050080) to 32551 A reply sms will be sent back to your cellphone to confirm your marital status and the date of your marriage.
How can I check my marriage certificate online in India?
How To Track Status-
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of your State Government.
- After that found out the Link for Marriage Registration on State portal.
- Click on the check Marriage Registration Status Link.
- Enter the Acknowledgment Number or Application Number and then Click on the Submit Option.
What if marriage is not registered in India?
The absence of registration of marriage does not render the marriage illegal. A marriage without registration is perfectly legal. 2. Since you are married for all legal and practical purposes you can dissolve the marriage only through a decree of divorce passed by the competent court.
Is it compulsory to get marriage registered in India?
People often debate whether to have their marriage registered in court or not. The Supreme Court of India, in 2006, made it mandatory to register all marriages in the eyes of the law, making it an important certificate to prove your relationship with your spouse.
What makes a marriage invalid?
An invalid marriage is, quite simply, a marriage arrangement that is not recognized as valid and legal by the law. Marriages that are found to be invalid may require an annulment instead of a divorce when the couple no longer wishes to be married, or when the marriage must be dissolved due to its invalidity.