Which is the top 10 biggest city in India?
The following is a list of top cities in India
|Serial no.||Indian Cities||Population|
What are the 5 biggest cities in India?
Largest Cities in India
- Mumbai. Maharashtra. 18,414,288. 12,442,373.
- Delhi. Delhi. 16,314,838. 11,034,555.
- Kolkata. West Bengal. 14,112,536. 4,496,694.
- Chennai. Tamil Nadu. 8,696,010. 4,646,732.
- Bangalore. Karnataka. 8,499,399. 8,443,675.
- Hyderabad. Andhra Pradesh. 7,749,334. 6,731,790.
- Ahmedabad. Gujarat. 6,352,254. …
- Pune. Maharashtra. 5,049,968.
Who is big city?
Tokyo is widely considered the world’s largest city (by urban area and metropolitan area).
What is the top 10 cities in India?
Here are the details of population about the major cities (excluding Agglomeration) . Mumbai – 12,442,373, Delhi – 11,034,555, Bangalore – 8,443,675, Hyderabad – 6,731,790, Ahmadabad – 5,577,940, Chennai – 4,646,732, Kolkata – 4,496,694, Surat – 4,467,797, Pune – 3,124,458, Jaipur – 3,046,163.
Which is smallest city in India?
The ten smallest cities in India by population, according to the 2011 India Census, are:
- Gangotri (110)
- Kedarnath (612)
- Kirtinagar (1,517)
- Nandaprayag (1,641)
- Devprayag (2,152)
- Dogadda (2,422)
- Badrinath (2,438)
- Dwarahat (2,749)
Which is capital city of India?
New Delhi, national capital of India. It is situated in the north-central part of the country on the west bank of the Yamuna River, adjacent to and just south of Delhi city (Old Delhi) and within the Delhi national capital territory.
Which is the 2 biggest city in India?
India: Major Cities
- New Delhi, India’s capital, is a modern city with a population of more than 7 million people. …
- Bombay (Mumbai), India’s largest city, has a metropolitan area population of more than 15 million. …
- Calcutta (Kolkata) is India’s second largest city.
Which is the poorest city in India?
Alirajpur district in Madhya Pradesh is the poorest in the country where 76.5 per cent of people are poor.
Which is developed city in India?
Mumbai is the economical Capital of India and nothing unexpected that it is the most developed city in India. Downright GDP (Gross Domestic Product) of Mumbai is 12,12,200 Crore Rs or 209 Billion USD.
Which is the No 1 city in the world?
In the last Time Out city survey in 2019, New York topped the list, while Chicago took top honors in 2018 and 2016.
What are the 10 largest city in the world?
The 20 Largest Cities in the World: 2021 Edition
- 1- Tokyo, Japan.
- 2- Delhi, India.
- 3- Shanghai, China.
- 4- Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 5- Mexico City, Mexico.
- 8- Beijing, China.
- 9- Mumbai, India.
- 10- Osaka, Japan.
Which is big city or town?
Towns are usually bigger than villages, but smaller than cities. The term can also refer to its inhabitants, its townspeople.