Your question: Where did English established their factories in India?

The company established its first Indian factory in 1611 at Masulipatnam on the Andhra Coast of the Bay of Bengal; and a second at Surat in 1613.

Where did the English established their first factory in India?

The first factory of East India Company was built at Surat in 1613 AD.

Where did English established their first factory?

But, the first permanent British factory was established at Surat in 1613.

Who established first English factory in India?

In 1612, James I instructed Sir Thomas Roe to visit the Mughal Emperor Nur-ud-din Salim Jahangir (r. 1605–1627) to arrange for a commercial treaty that would give the company exclusive rights to reside and establish factories in Surat and other areas.

Who established 1st factory in India?

Calcutta. Hint: Thomas Best was an English captain who had sunk four Portuguese ships. This impressed the Mughal Governor and therefore he gave them a treaty which was approved by emperor Jhangir who gave them trading rights. Complete answer: The first English factory in India was established at Surat.

Who established factory at Surat?

When Henry Middleton entered India, there was an opposition from the Portuguese, but the British defeated the Portuguese in the Battle of Bombay in 1611. But he was able to get a permission from the local Mughal governors to open a factory in India, so in 1611 the first English Factory was established in Surat.

IT IS IMPORTANT:  Who is the current secretary of India?

Where was British East India Company established?

The first English factory was set up on the banks of the river Hugli in Bengal 1651. As their expanded, the East India Company convinced merchants and traders to come and settle near the factory. By 1696, the Company began building a fort around the Hugli settlement.

Where did the British establish their first factory in the southern coast?

Answer: During this time ships belonging to the company arriving in India docked at Surat, which was established as a trade transit point in 1608. In the next two years, the company established its first factory in south India in the town of Machilipatnam on the Coromandel Coast of the Bay of Bengal.