Which is the No 1 airport in India?
The IGI Airport is also the sixth largest airport in the world with a total capacity of 12.5 million passengers per year. The Delhi airport has consecutively been awarded as the best airport in India (along with Mumbai’s international airport) by the revered Airports Council International.
Which is the No 1 airport in India 2020?
|Rank||Name||Passengers FY 2020–21|
|1||Indira Gandhi International Airport||22,583,736|
|2||Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport||11,054,811|
|3||Kempegowda International Airport||10,914,194|
|4||Rajiv Gandhi International Airport||8,048,248|
Which is the cleanest airport in India?
The Madurai airport has been adjudged the cleanest and safest airport in the country among the airports, which handled 1.5 million to 5 million passengers for the Swachhta Pakhwada Awards 2019.
Which is the most safest airport in India?
Top 10 Best Airports in India
- 1 Kempegowda International Airport. …
- 2 Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport. …
- 3 Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport. …
- 4 Indira Gandhi International Airport. …
- 5 Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. …
- 6 Dabolim Airport. …
- 7 Pune International Airport. …
- 8 Cochin International Airport.
Which is smallest airport in India?
Airport of Trichy is the smallest airport in India.
Which is the oldest airport in India?
It was founded in 1928 as India’s first civil aviation airport, In 1932, JRD Tata landed at the Juhu aerodrome, inaugurating India’s first scheduled commercial mail service.
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Location||Juhu, Maharashtra, India|
|Hub for||Pawan Hans|
Which is the world No 1 airport?
1. Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) That Changi has once again snagged the top spot among world airports is no surprise, given that it’s home to our readers’ favorite carrier, Singapore Airlines, making it an ideal gateway to dozens of locations in the region.
Which Indian state has no airport?
Sikkim was the only state without an airport in the country. “But the state would enter the aviation map soon when Pakyong airport becomes operational,” Sinha told reporters. Twenty-five airports have been added to the aviation network under the regional connectivity scheme.
Which city has most airports in India?
Mumbai is the Capital city of Maharashtra and is also known as the financial capital of India. Maharashtra has more than 8 airports of which 3 are International Airports including Mumbai, Nagpur, and Pune.
Which is the busiest airport in India?
“As per the AAI data on international traffic for the month of December 2021, Delhi Airport topped the list with 8,42,582 passengers and Mumbai airport retained its second spot with 4,51,212.
Which is the latest airport in India?
Noida International Airport in Jewar, Uttar Pradesh is the newest addition to the international airports in India.
Which is the biggest airport in India by area?
Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi
Indira Gandhi International Airport is the largest airport of India spread over an area of 5,106 acres and also the the busiest airport in the country in terms of passenger traffic and cargo traffic.
Which is the best runway in India?
Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi: 4,430 mt
The airport has the longest airport runways in India and awarded as best improved Airport in Asia.
Which is the largest airport in Asia?
Top 100 biggest and busiest airports in Asia
|1||Beijing Capital International Airport||PEK|
|2||Dubai International Airport||DXB|
|4||Hong Kong International Airport||HKG|
|5||Shanghai Pudong International Airport||PVG|
What are 5 major airports in India?
You are here
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata.
- Chennai International Airport, Chennai.
- Thiruvananthapuram International Airport.
- Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad.
- Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport, Amritsar.
- Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati.