Is it possible to legally pay no taxes?
Yes and no. Tax avoidance, where you attempt to minimize your taxes, is legal — as long as the deductions you use are allowed. Tax evasion, where you deliberately fail to pay a portion or all of your taxes, is illegal.
How do I pay no taxes at all?
The Best Way To Pay Little-To-No-Taxes
Single filers get a standard deduction of $12,550 while married couples get $25,100 for 2021. Therefore, if you want to pay no taxes, then make up to $12,550 a year as an individual or up to $25,100 a year as a couple and voila! You won’t pay any taxes.
Is it necessary to pay tax in India?
Any Indian citizen aged below 60 years is liable to pay income tax if their income exceeds 2.5 lakhs. If the individual is above 60 years of age and earns more than Rs. 3 lakhs, he/she will have to pay taxes to the government of India.
How can I save tax if I earn 15 lakh?
1. Reduce Your Taxable Income by Up To Rs 1.5 Lakhs (Section 80C, 80CCC, 80CCD)
- Unit Linked Insurance Plans (ULIPs)
- Pension or Annuity Plans from Life Insurance Companies.
- Public Provident Fund (PPF) & Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- New Pension Scheme Tier-I Account.
- Senior Citizen Savings Scheme.
At what salary do I pay tax?
Any Indian citizen aged below 60 years is liable to pay income tax, if their income exceeds Rs 2.5 lakhs. If the individual is above 60 years of age and earns more than Rs 2.5 lakhs, he/she will have to pay taxes to the Government of India.